Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Desi..

I hate the word `desi'. I despise it with every fiber of my being. Just hearing the word makes my skin crawl.

No, its not a "bad" word per se. It's not offensive in a conventional way, and yet, I *do* find it offensive. Why does `desi' have to replace Indian? Why is it than an Indian outside of India is called a `desi'? Is it not enough to be just Indian? Why `desi'?

So, the next time you meet me, call me Kaustubh, call me Gadya (that's what my friends call me), but please, do not call me a `desi'. I am an Indian. End of story.

Kaustubh

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hihi!
mala aavadta 'desi' mhanayala ani mhanlelahi !
ti/toh chinese/korean/american/african sarkha... indian aahe mhanla ki ugich konala tari faar anolkhi vyaktila adresss kelya sarkha vatata...
ti/toh desi aahe mhannya madhe jasta javal/ekatra pana chi bhavana nahi ka?

Kaustubh said...

er...nahi!

Unknown said...

bring the god ka delusion vala book to LA..